Get out on the water, shop the latest fashions, indulge at incredible restaurants and explore some of New Zealand’s best walks, wineries and beaches – the choice is yours in Auckland. Located in the centre of it all, Crowne Plaza Auckland is the perfect base to explore the city. Check out our summer guide to Auckland to help you get the most out of your stay.
Summer in New Zealand falls from December – February however Auckland is one of the warmer parts of the country so the months either side often experience great weather too.
Things to do in Auckland
Auckland is the largest city in New Zealand and is home to some of the best shops, a beautiful harbour, dozens of volcanoes, amazing day trips and plenty of action activities. Take your pick from our list below and then find out more.
- Sky Tower – located just across the road from Crowne Plaza Auckland, the Sky Tower offers incredible Auckland views up to 80kms in every direction. Approximately 2 minutes walk.
- Shopping – your hotel room is just moments from top shopping spots in the city. Walk down Queen Street (approximately 2 minutes walk) for the big chain stores, and High Street (approximately 8 minutes walk) and Britomart (approximately 10 minutes walk) for famous New Zealand Designers.
- Island hopping – the City of Sails isn’t complete without visiting Waiheke or Rangitoto. Ferry’s run regularly from the wharf, just 10 minutes walk from Crowne Plaza Hotel.
- Bungy jumping – the Harbour Bridge bungy is an iconic thrill seekers destination. Approximately 10 minutes drive.
- Kelly Tarltons – go underground and walk through incredible aquariums. Approximately 15 minutes drive.
- Auckland Zoo – one of the first places recommended on an Auckland summer getaway. Approximately 12 minutes drive.
- Kayak to Rangitoto Island – leave the ferry behind and watch the sunset from the water. Approximately 15 minutes drive.
- Bliss Reflexology and Spa – guests receive a 20% discount for all treatments 1 hour and over. Approximately 1 minute walk.
- Devonport – with the sun shining, climb Mt Hobson and explore WWII tunnels. Approximately 25 minutes drive.
- Mission Bay – this is one of Auckland’s most popular beaches in summer! Approximately 15 minutes drive.
- Auckland Museum – learn about some of New Zealand’s exciting but short history. Approximately 12 minutes drive.
- Auckland Art Gallery – enjoy Lindauer Pictures exhibition as well as others this summer just 600m away. Approximately 6 minutes walk.
- Entertainment centre: Movie theatre, bowling and mini golf – located just minutes from the hotel is a bowling alley/bar, an Event Cinema and a Lost in Time themed mini golf course. Approximately 5 minutes walk.
Where to dine in Auckland?
Auckland is home to some of the countries top restaurants. From celebrity chefs, cultural flavours and the freshest seafood, you won’t go hungry when you visit Auckland.
Enjoy great food and atmosphere at Aria Restaurant and Bar. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Aria is the ideal choice for lunch with family and friends, group celebrations or an intimate occasion.
The classic design and food create Auckland’s top fine dining destination. Chef Harris’ contemporary cuisine and classical approach to ingredients and technique stimulate the palate.
With breathtaking views over Auckland the City of Sails, their menu is based around beautiful flavours and small seasonal plates. They source the finest produce from around New Zealand.
The Grove has secured itself as one of Auckland’s top restaurants with a unique approach to both food and service. Enjoy a relaxed and sophisticated dining experience with professional and friendly service.
Gusto at the Grand is one of Auckland’s best Italian restaurants designed by renowned chef Sean Connolly. Fresh ingredients, rustic flavours, and beautiful recipes come together to create delicious Italian dishes.
A husband and wife team who deliver a holistic approach to food and service. The French Café has earned the honour as one of the World’s top ten restaurants. Enjoy an exquisite experience.
Crowne Plaza Auckland has some of the best hotel rooms Auckland City has to offer. From our superior rooms to our stunning executive suites, we have a variety of rooms to suit your needs. We offer incredible comfort and style, allowing you to feel rejuvenated and productive during your stay in Auckland.
Available room types:
Guests attending World Masters
The 2017 World Masters Games is an amazing competition spanning 28 sports over ten days. Crowne Plaza Auckland is in a great location for many of the sports and the perfect base for the all. Please see the Sports Schedule if you would like to know when and where you need to be for the events you are interested in.
When you return each day rest assured that your every need is looked after and that you’re in the heart of the city to enjoy all Auckland City has to offer.