When you’re ready to travel again, we’ll be ready to welcome you.
As the world adjusts to new travel norms and expectations, we’re enhancing the experience for you – our hotel guests – by redefining cleanliness and supporting well-being throughout your stay. We are expanding our commitment to cleanliness by:
Using new science-led protocols and service measures
Partnering with industry leading experts
Launching a global IHG Clean Promise
These strengthened procedures are designed to give you greater confidence and hotel
teams the protection needed.
Good isn’t good enough – we’re committed to high levels of cleanliness. That means clean, well maintained, clutter free rooms that meet our standards. If this isn’t what you find when you check-in then we promise to make it right.
- Reception: Reduced contact at check-in, touch-less transactions, sanitizer stations, sanitized key-cards, paperless check-out
- Public Spaces and Facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, social distancing, ‘last cleaned’ charts, best practices for pools, fitness centers and lounges
- Guest Room: Visible verification of sanitized items (e.g. glassware, remote control), reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols, use of electrostatic technology
- Food & Beverage: New standards and service approach to buffets, banquets, room-service and catering
Supporting the Wellbeing of Guests and Colleagues
Enabling the personal well-being of guests and colleagues is key. IHG is working closely with a team of medical experts to develop guidance and resources for hotel teams on returning to work and keeping guests safe in this new environment, which may include:
- Cleanliness information in hotels and on IHG’s booking channels
- Social distancing operating procedures and signage
- Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary by hotel colleagues
- Updated colleague training and certification
- Availability of individual guest amenity cleaning kits
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes available in guest rooms and at high-touch points throughout hotels
IHG Clean Promise
Underpinning all of this will be our IHG Clean Promise. Rolling out globally from 1 June 2020, you can be reassured that:
Good isn’t good enough – we are committed to high levels of cleanliness.
That means clean, well maintained, clutter free rooms that meet our standards.
Leading this work is our Global Cleanliness Board, a group of IHG experts in operations, health, safety and guest experience working with our external specialists from Cleveland Clinic to define solutions and best practice.
For more information, please visit www.ihg.com/clean.
The team at Crowne Plaza Auckland hope this gives you reassurance as you look ahead to future travel plans – because when you’re ready to travel again, we’ll be ready to welcome you.